Thursday, April 4, 2013

The Crabby Cocktail

Blue crab harvest season officially begins April 1st, so with that in mind, I thought it the perfect occassion to share with you my Crabby Cocktail.  It could also go by the names of Crab Ale, Redneck Water, Hillbilly Cocktail...or any other name you want to give it.

I created this over a Christmas holiday when I really wanted hot blue crabs, and the only time I really like to drink beer is with crabs.


Ingredients:
1 can or bottle of beer
Old Bay Seasoning
Sea Salt
1 Lemon, cut into wedges
and a chilled glass

Directions:
Put Old Bay seasoning and sea salt into a saucer or bowl. Moisten the edge of chilled glass with lemon wedge. Hold glass with rim down, dab the rim while slowly turning into the Old Bay/sea salt mixture, until the glass is rimmed with seasoning.  Then open beer, pour in and drink.

*** On the side you could serve with Celery filled with bacon or even a deep fried pickle****

***Recommendations for beer selection***
The first time I tried this I used Yuengling Traditional Lager. Yes, I have actually drank this, when its the middle of winter and not crab season and you get a craving, this is a great way to satisfy it, especially if you are not a fan of Bloody Marys.
My other beers choices (which by the way do not fit my paleo/primal diet):
Dogfish 60 Minute IPA
Dogfish Punkin' Ale
Lancaster Brewing Co. Hop Hog IPA
Lancaster Brewing Co. Amish 4 Grain Pale Ale
Troegs Perpetual IPA
Troegs Seasonal Winter- Nugget Nectar
Troegs Seasonal Summer-Sunshine Pils







No comments:

Post a Comment