Monday, June 10, 2013

Adventure Safely

Have you ever been concerned about a loved one with a medical issue or worried about the safety of a friend while they are out running?  Well I can't say enough about this product.  RoadID is a wonderful gift for any occasion. 

What I love about this product is that it was created out of a father's love and concern for his son's safety, as he trained for a marathon. The son took his father's concern seriously after he had a "close call with an automobile".  Mike Wimmer (father) and Edward Wimmer (son) teamed up and launched this product from their basement.

I first heard about this product a few years ago, from my friend, Amanda Bundek, who is a runner and volunteer firefighter. Amanda is someone who is all about living life to the fullest, but also keeping in mind one's safety first.  So earlier this year, when my mother shared with me her concern to own a medical alert bracelet after discovering she had some serious allergies that resulted in her being prescribed an EpiPen, I turned to RoadID.  I did look at other medical alert bracelets, but was quickly turned off by them, because many of the styles only allow for a small bit of information.  Whereas, the RoadID I was able to list her name, her birthyear, two emergency contacts, not to mention being able to list her allergies and that she has an EpiPen.  So for Mother's Day, I ordered my mom her RoadID bracelet with extra replacement straps (not because I thought the straps would break, but because I wanted her to have the option to change out the color of the bracelet). 

So it made perfect sense to order this as a Father's Day present for my husband.  We had been meaning to order one for him, since our friend, Amanda had told us about them.  My husband, Kyle is an adventurer to say the very least, he is a runner, bicyclist, motorcycle enthusiast, paddleboarder, and is training for his first triathlon (on Father's Day).  So, needless to say, it was high time I ordered his RoadID.  He definitely needs the RoadID for all of his venturing activities, but most recently we have both become most concerned about his safety while paddleboarding.  To the point that during one of our discussions about it, I said to him, not only do we need to get you a RoadID, but we also need an ID for your paddleboard, because if something tragic happened, your board would probably come to shore before your body.  I know this is a horrible thing to consider, but when looking at safety one must be fully prepared.  So he created an identity tag for his board,  which reads, "This board belongs to Kyle Bullock. If found please be on the lookout for my bloated crab eaten corpse. In either case please contact Sarah Bullock # ---=----". 

Now some of you may read this and think we are such weirdos, but we refer to it as the "truth about being lost at sea".  And I will admit it also stems from my fear of dying.  You see in high school, I was prompted by a journal topic to write about the worst possible death I could imagine, or something along those lines.  Well growing up in Delaware, one gets used to smelling the marsh, no matter what proximity you are from it.  You also grow up, knowing about crabs and them being the bottom feeders, (well maybe not every Delawarean girl grows up knowing about this, but I did, and it is probably due to the fact that family friends were crabbers, so I had a hands-on blue crab education).  It may also have had a little to do with how much I had watched the movie Stand By Me, and how much it discussed a dead body's exposure to the elements of nature. Regardless of all that, my fear of dying is this, driving off a road in Delaware, and getting stuck in the marsh (not the vehicle, because there is a special hammer you can get from Duluth Trading to help in that situation), and then becoming a bloated crab eaten corpse, that is completely unrecognizable to my family. Oh, and also smelling marsh that intensely as my last smell on earth.

So now we have all our bases covered.  An identity tag for the paddleboard, and RoadID ankle ID for Kyle.  And like I did for my mom's ID, I ordered Kyle additional interchangeable colored bands.  There are so many options to choose from with RoadID: wrist, ankle, FIXX, shoe, shoe pouch, and scout (for your pets). There is also two types of options original (the standard laser engraved id with vital emergency information) and an interactive option provides you with 24/7/365 Emergency Response Support. This is a wonderful gift to for anyone and everyone. RoadID is like your personal first aid kit, it enables first responders to identify you and any possible medical issues you may have.  So, keep this one in mind as Father's Day approaches...I know that Mike and Edward Wimmer would be happy to assist you! Just go to www.roadid.com and give yourself and loved ones "peace of mind".

No comments:

Post a Comment