Thursday, June 20, 2013

Rockin' Summer Solstice

Summer solstice occurs when the sun reaches its' highest point, 23 degrees, 6 feet.  For most of us it is the true calendar marker that is the kick-off to summer. In Latin solstice means "sun" + "to stand still". Summer solstice marks the longest period of daylight and the shortest night, the opposite occuring on winter solstice. I don't know if Red Frog Events, intentionally chose this date as the start to the Firefly Music Festival this year, but I can't think of a better way to celebrate, well besides dancing at Stonehenge.


This is going to be a truly magical moment, as we get to rock out and groove to over 70 bands this weekend.  Not to mention that I get to support local vendors who are rockin' it all year long here in Delaware.  "O Yeah Yeah Yeah" I will be sure to grab a juice at my sister-in-law Rachel's tent for GreenMan Juice Bar, try to keep to my paleo diet a little with a Tweason'ale from Dogfish, but I am also looking forward to grabbing a bite at "I Don't Give a Fork" (I admit even for this paleo dieter the Mac & Cheesesteak is tempting me, I may try the 'Zella, maybe both...I have 3 days to enjoy the variety).

I am also looking forward to hanging out with my father-in-law, who like us, is already mapping out his schedule of must-see bands (and who has played such a role in my husband's music taste).  We have already had so much fun comparing our lists, and telling each other to check out other bands.  I am also super stoked to catch up with high school friends who we haven't seen in years. 

I can't say enough about how excited I am for Firefly, the only comparison is to say I feel really inline with nature, Oh, great power of the sun, we are aiming high for a weekend of pure bliss!

***Special Thanks in advance to my mother-in-law, Anita aka GiGi and Poppa and our Aunt Brenda and Uncle Tom, for helping watch the grandbabies this weekend, we love you and couldn't do this without you!!!***





No comments:

Post a Comment